It might be hard to be active when you’re stuck in the house during a lockdown, but there are still many ways you can be active. For some of you, this may link in with the Learn section as you may decide to discover how to be active in a new way, for instance, Yoga or Pilates. Please remember during this time of lockdown to stay indoors unless you absolutely need to. Stay safe!
Take a look at the links below and see if there’s anything that grabs your fancy.
- The Wellbeing Network – has more information about how to Be Active
- Yoga – Lucy, who owns the yoga studio A Space to Be in Shilbottle is hosting a weekly yoga session on Sunday night’s and is encouraging everyone to practice 20 minutes of yoga every day. And it doesn’t matter if you don’t have special space or equipment, you can do it on the kitchen floor! Follow the link to her website, where you will also find regular updates and blog posts.
- ActiveNorthumberland – Active Northumberland has started doing a range of 30-minute workout videos that are accessible to all and cover a range of topics from yoga, dance, and cardio. There’s something for everyone!
- Joe Wicks – Joe Wicks, also known as the Body Coach, has been posting about fitness and healthy eating for years now, but lately he’s also been hosting daily virtual PE lessons since the lockdown started. They are aimed at children, so if you have children this may be a great way for you to keep fit with them. Don’t worry, many adults have been taking part as well!
- Oti Mabuse – If you watch Strictly Come Dancing, you’ll probably know who Oti is! But for those who don’t, she’s a professional ballroom dancer and she’s now taken to YouTube to live stream daily lessons to teach everyone how to dance. If you’ve ever fancied learning ballroom, here’s your chance!
If you would like more information about anything or have suggestions for information or links we could add to this then please get in contact and let us know!